Summer 2013

Summer 2013

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blackened Garlic Salmon & Better-Than-Noodles, Noodles

Blackened Garlic Salmon 
& Better-Than-Noodles, Noodles

I feel some football food  (primal cheat!) comin' on, later today, with the Packers' 1st regular season game...!  This means, I needed a solid lunch game plan, to stay on track. 

I'm continually amazed at how my sheer hunger while I'm making lunch or dinner can lure me into believing that the portions I end up with on my plate, will not be sufficient.  Veggies are filling, peeps!  Good food is filling.  It's only the junk that leaves us feeling unsatisfied and hungry for more.  

After I cut the zucchini noodles for our lunch, I continued to cut, with my julienne slicer (please refer to previous posts re: my love for Julienne...).  I saved some in mason jars; this will make for a super easy, no-prep lunch, another day.

Recipe
Sprinkle salmon fillets with pepper and garlic.  Place in 375 degree oven, to bake.

While salmon is baking, cut desired amount of noodles from zucchini with julienne slicer. Keep in mind that zucchini portions really "shrink", during cooking.  Heat small amount of bacon drippings over medium heat on stove top.  Add noodles and cook until soft.  Add small amount of butter and garlic.  Stir to combine.  Remove from heat.  Serve with salmon. This is such an easy one!

I'm full.  Now, Go Pack GO! 






No comments:

Post a Comment